- n an engagement fought between two military forces
- n the act of fighting; any contest or struggle
- v battle or contend against in or as if in a battle
The Kurds are combating Iraqi troops in Northern Iraq
We must combat the prejudices against other races
News & Articles
- Kix Brooks Surprises Two Combat Veterans with Custom Built Homes Announcement at CMA Music Festival
Country music star Kix Brooks changed the course of the lives of two combat veterans and their families, announcing that the soldiers will receive custom built homes from the non-profit organization Operation FINALLY HOME.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Press Releases: 2013 Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism Plenary Meeting Joint Co-Chair Statement
2013 Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism Plenary Meeting Joint Co-Chair Statement Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation May 24, 2013 Partner nations and official observers in the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism (GICNT) gathered in Mexico City, Mexico, on May 24, 2013, for the GICNT Plenary Meeting. The GICNT has worked to strengthen global capacity to ...
June 12, 2013 - U.S. Department of State
- 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade soldiers return home
After seven long months, 85 members of the 3rd Combat Aviation Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division returned home to their families Tuesday evening.
June 12, 2013 - WTOC 11 Savannah
- Barack Obama in Xinhua
We will forge a new and comprehensive strategy for Afghanistan and Pakistan to defeat al-Qaeda and combat extremism,said Obama in his first address to a joint session of the Congress.
- Harry Reid in International Herald Tribune
Adding more combat troops will only endanger more Americans and stretch our military to the breaking point for no strategic gain,Pelosi and Reid wrote in a letter to Bush.
- President Bush in Seattle Times
Complying with the environmental law would "undermine the Navy's ability to conduct realistic training exercises that are necessary to ensure the combat effectiveness of carrier and expeditionary strike groups," Bush said.