- n an excerpt cut from a newspaper or magazine
he searched through piles of letters and clippings
- n cutting down to the desired size or shape
- n the act of clipping or snipping
- v sever or remove by pinching or snipping
- v run at a moderately swift pace
- v attach with a clip
- v cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
- v terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent
News & Articles
- Still feeling that garden glow
A faded clipping of a prize-winning head of lettuce reminds a columnist just how much she missed gardening. For her, the process is as rewarding as the product. The faded newspaper clipping shows a small girl with a wide smile, holding a gigantic head of lettuce. The girl is me, in 1964. The lettuce was a prize-winning product of my first elementary school garden.
June 15, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Boulder woman gets 60 days jail, probation for hitting CU student in DUI crash
The Boulder woman who pleaded guilty to clipping a food truck with her SUV, driving into a University of Colorado student eating lunch and then striking the church where she had planned to attend an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting was sentenced today to 60 days in jail and five years of probation.
June 14, 2013 - Denver Post
- Office Etiquette: 4 Things You Should Never Do
From personal phone calls to clipping nails at your desk, here's a slew of things you shouldn't do in the office. In an effort to remove barriers to working together and foster collaboration, many companies have taken down old-school cubicles in favor of more open spaces. Those cavernous, lofty work spaces sure look awesome--but is all this openness a little too open and are co-workers starting ...
June 14, 2013 - Inc Magazine
- Jack Kingston in guardian.co.uk
Clipping executive compensation is easy right now - everybody wants it,said Rep. Jack Kingston, R-Ga.
- Saxby Chambliss in MarketWatch
At a time when Americans are clipping coupons and pinching pennies, President Obama and the Democrats in Congress continue to spend money that they, we, do not have,said Chambliss, adding that the national debt recently topped $13 trillion.
- Mark Hughes in guardian.co.uk
I'm sure people will make a nuisance about that,Hughes said. "I seem to recall Brian Clough clipping someone around the ear and he was lauded as a national hero. Maybe it will be the same case with Craig but I doubt it."