cut short :
- v interrupt before its natural or planned end
- v cause to end earlier than intended
- v make shorter as if by cutting off
- v terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent
News & Articles
- Could Duncan Edwards Have Been the Greatest Player Ever?
Less than four months before his life was tragically cut short, Duncan Edwards played one of his last internationals for England against Wales at Ninian Park in Cardiff. On that day in November 1957, the Welsh manager was Edwards’ mentor and Manchester United ’s assistant manager Jimmy Murphy. Before the game, Murphy stood in the centre of the Welsh dressing room, going through the strengths ...
June 18, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- De La Rosa sharp but Rockies lose to Blue Jays 2-0
TORONTO (AP) -- First it was a cut on his middle finger. Then on Monday night, Colorado pitcher Jorge De La Rosa developed a new painful problem. A bruise on the tip of his thumb cut short a brilliant outing by De La Rosa, and the Rockies never managed any offense in a 2-0 loss to Toronto.
June 18, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- Ailing Saudi king cuts recovery trip short over developments in Syria
Special to WorldTribune.com ABU DHABI — Saudi King Abdullah has cut short his vacation amid the intensification of the war in Syria. The king arrived on June 14 in Jedda after being in Morocco for two weeks. Abdullah, struggling with declining health, cut short his vacation in North Africa for what a government statement attributed [...]
June 16, 2013 - World Tribune