chosen : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one who is the object of choice; who is given preference
she was Mama's chosen
- n the name for Korea as a Japanese province (1910-1945)
- n an exclusive group of people
- v pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives
- v select as an alternative over another
- v see fit or proper to act in a certain way; decide to act in a certain way
- The dean of the cardinals asks if the chosen member accepts the papacy.
- The most influential people in the world, as chosen by a panel consisting of a rapper, a Playboy bunny, a UFC fighter, a party planner and Joel Stein.
- It is immensely important that Lie's chosen path of academia affords him the tools to analyze and assess our economy in a dispassionate, unbiased way.
News & Articles
- It's Your Business: Builder chosen for new Naples retirement community
Devloper chosen to build new retirement community; networking event is next week.
June 13, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Aetna Chosen As Subcontractor In Qatar’s Universal Health Care Coverage
Aetna has a key role in Qatar’s new national health care system. The Hartford health insurer was chosen to help the National Health Insurance Company of Qatar in developing a disease management program and to help generally in improving the country’s health insurance program. “We are honored to be chosen to play a significant [...]
June 12, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- Area girls chosen for Girls State
Megan Blomberg of Newhall has been chosen by Unit No. 167 of Newhall, and Caitlyn Conway and DeShaylea Pfannebecker were chosen by the Blairstown Auxiliary Unit No. 170, to attend the annual session of the American Legion Auxiliary Girls State, to be held June 16-21, 2013, on the campus of Iowa State University, Ames. Blomberg [...]
June 12, 2013 - Star Press Union
- Barack Obama in CNN International
We gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord,Obama said.
- Sergey Lavrov in The Associated Press
They haven't explained to us what this is about,Lavrov said at a news conference during a visit to Jerusalem. "I hope they will. The only thing I can say today is that the moment for doing that has been chosen with special elegance."
- Harry Reid in International Herald Tribune
Blagojevich's resignation, followed by an appointment made by a new governor, would "be the most expeditious way for a new senator to be chosen and seated in a manner that would earn the confidence of the people of Illinois and all Americans,"...