- n an exclusive group of people
one of the elect who have power inside the government
- v select by a vote for an office or membership
We elected him chairman of the board
- v choose
I elected to have my funds deposited automatically
- s selected as the best
an elect circle of artists
- s elected but not yet installed in office
the president elect
- President-elect Obama and I know the economic health of working families has eroded, and we intend to turn that around.
- And the president-elect thought the Oval was "a pretty nice office.
- The President-elect will not speak during the services.
- Edward Kennedy in Christian Science Monitor
I strongly support the law and the principle that the people should elect their Senator,Kennedy wrote in a letter to Gov. Deval Patrick, Senate President Therese Murray, and Speaker of the House Robert DeLeo. "I also believe it is vital...
- Steve Ballmer in Forbes
didn't agree to a deal by the deadline, Microsoft would "take our case directly to your shareholders, including the initiation of a proxy contest to elect an alternative slate of directors for the Yahoo! board," Ballmer wrote.
- Dana Perino in Houston Chronicle
The theme is similar to what he's said since election night about the fabulous new chapter President-elect Obama is about to start, and that he wishes him the very best,White House press secretary Dana Perino said today.