- n the irregular motion of waves (usually caused by wind blowing in a direction opposite to the tide)
the boat headed into the chop
- n a small cut of meat including part of a rib
- n a jaw
I'll hit him on the chops
- n a tennis return made with a downward motion that puts backspin on the ball
- n a grounder that bounces high in the air
- v cut into pieces
- v move suddenly
- v form or shape by chopping
chop a hole in the ground
- v strike sharply, as in some sports
- v cut with a hacking tool
- v hit sharply
- Unwrapping a package mailed to them last week, Cleveland OPA officials found a cooked pork chop inside.
- Every December throughout my childhood, my father would rise from the couch on a Sunday afternoon and tell us that it was time to chop down the Christmas tree.
- Chop-chop square is also likely to be the destination of some if not all of the 40 suspects the Saudis now have in custody for last June's Khobar Towers bombing near Dhahran, a .
News & Articles
- Chop shop and pot grow busted in Tulare County
In the South Valley authorities found a car full of marijuana plants and a chop shop all in one place.
June 17, 2013 - KFSN-TV Fresno
- Suspicious vehicle leads to chop shop discovery
Two Porterville residents are in jail on multiple charges after a chop shop for disassembling stolen vehicles was located in an unoccupied home. Late Saturday morning, deputies from the Porterville Division of the Tulare County Sheriff’s Department...
June 17, 2013 - The Porterville Recorder
- Chop-shop sting results in 3 more indictments
Three more men have been indicted for a suspected large-scale chop shop operation in Toledo.
June 15, 2013 - The Toledo Blade
- David Tyree in CBC.ca
At the end of the day I am a Giant,Tyree said. "My greatest moments have been here. My greatest memories have been here and that's why I am here today, to chop it up with some of these guys I missed so much last year."
- Dave Tippett in USA Today
Ribeiro is actually letting up on the guy and Osgood just sticks his stick out and butt-ends him,Tippett said. "Ribeiro is not going to turn around and chop the goalie like that without having something happening." "I looked at it...
- Paul Thomas Anderson in Guardian Unlimited
Discussing the appeal of the tracking shot, Anderson said: "You're after one thing, which is nice, as opposed to 10 or 15 small things when you have to chop it up. You get that terrific feeling at the end of it, like `We did it. We got it.' Or you...