- n the process of becoming cooler; a falling temperature
- v depress or discourage
- v make cool or cooler
- v loose heat
- s provoking fear terror
- In a rare interview, a terrorist in training reveals chilling secrets about the insugency's deadliest weapons.
- Via a multimillion-dollar monthly graft payroll and a string of chilling murders including that of a key rival's wife, whose head was reportedly severed and delivered in a box .
- The fact that her execution-style killing coincides with an escalation of Moscow's campaign against neighboring Georgia will be taken by many in Russia as a chilling signal of the .
News & Articles
- 'V/H/S/2' review: Blood-spattered and chilling collection of horror shorts by creators of 'The Blair Witch Project'
V/H/S/2is a properly blood-spattered and chilling collection of shorts -- four films from the folks who made "The Blair Witch Project," "Hobo With a Shotgun," "The Raid" and "You're Next."
June 14, 2013 - Zap2It
- Jailing of reporters has "chilling effect" on Turkish media: OSCE
By Fredrik Dahl VIENNA (Reuters) - The imprisonment of journalists is having a "chilling effect" on Turkey's media, which exercised self-censorship during this month's anti-government protests, Europe's main rights and democracy watchdog said. Dunja Mijatovic, representative for media freedom at the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), said 67 journalists were behind bars ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Chilling phone calls prior to Lehigh deaths
We are uncovering chilling new warning signs ahead of a shooting that left two people dead. Relatives of Romie Franklin tell us he called them hours before the shooting, sounding upset and threatening to kill someone else and himself.
June 12, 2013 - NBC 2 Fort Myers
- Michael Mukasey in Baltimore Sun
I am greatly concerned about the chilling effect that compliance with the committee's subpoena would have on future White House deliberations and White House cooperation with future Justice Department investigations,Mukasey wrote Bush. "I...
- Ike Skelton in Reuters India
This new policy will be an additional burden to an already overstretched Army,said Rep. Ike Skelton, a Democrat who chairs the Armed Services Committee in the House of Representatives. "I think this will have a chilling effect on...
- Andy Roddick in SportingNews.com
We've been stuck in a locker room for 9 hours a day, and he's been chilling out taking the double-decker bus red-thing tour, maybe,said Roddick, who lost to Federer in the 2004 and '05 finals. "Given the choice, I'll take a living room...