- n the quality of being at a refreshingly low temperature
the cool of early morning
- n great coolness and composure under strain
keep your cool
- v make cool or cooler
- v loose heat
The air cooled considerably after the thunderstorm
- v lose intensity
His enthusiasm cooled considerably
- a neither warm nor very cold; giving relief from heat
a cool autumn day
a cool room
cool summer dresses
a cool breeze
- s marked by calm self-control (especially in trying circumstances); unemotional
play it cool
stayed coolheaded in the crisis
- a (color) inducing the impression of coolness; used especially of greens and blues and violets
cool greens and blues and violets
- a psychologically cool and unenthusiastic; unfriendly or unresponsive or showing dislike
relations were cool and polite
a cool reception
cool to the idea of higher taxes
- s (used of a number or sum) without exaggeration or qualification
a cool million bucks
- s fashionable and attractive at the time; often skilled or socially adept
he's a cool dude
Mary's dress is really cool
it's not cool to arrive at a party too early
- These shades don't just look cool; they also house a tiny digital camera lens.
- In A Class By Themselves Some cool things you can do at four of the biggest planets in cyberspace.
- Some robots do cool tricks; others just look cool.
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
In Washington, where the thermometer climbed to 100 degrees by mid-afternoon, President Barack Obama warned reporters about to leave the Oval Office: "Stay cool out there. Hydrate."
- Boris Johnson in San Jose Mercury News
I would like to see a bit of cool heads rather than endlessly buck-passing and name-calling,said London Mayor Boris Johnson. "When you consider the huge exposure of British pension funds to BP it starts to become a matter of national...
- Brad Keselowski in MiamiHerald.com
Just a wild ride that was uncalled for,Keselowski said. "To come back and intentionally wreck someone, that's not cool. It could have killed someone in the grandstands. I know it's a little ironic that I'm saying it, but at least I didn't...