- s without offspring
in some societies a childless woman is rejected by her tribesmen
- NON does not advocate that everyone be childless.
- But Hewlett argues that many other women did not actually choose to be childless.
- After six years of childless marriage, John and Cynthia Burke of Newark decided to adopt a baby boy through a state agency.
News & Articles
- Life happens for local dad
Most parents can relate to the old adage, “Life is what happens when you’re busy making plans.” Just a few years ago, Patrick and Andrea Patton were childless, living in Ventura with good jobs. But something was calling them back to Paso Robles.
June 14, 2013 - Paso Robles Press
- Former teen mom defies the odds
AURORA- If you're a parent, you know it comes with plenty of challenges. But having children during teenage years can been even more difficult. Statistics show young teen mothers are less likely to graduate from high school than those who are childless at that age. Sonyay Carver, an Aurora resident, defied the odds.
June 11, 2013 - 9 News Denver
- Christina Hoff Sommers in Washington Post
She seems to be saying that an unmarried, childless woman should not be involved in decisions that affect traditional families,Sommers said. "By that standard, Susan B. Anthony would be disqualified. And how about Elizabeth I?"
- Andrew Hacker in New York Times
Citified college-women are more likely to be nonmarried and childless, compared with their suburban sisters, so they can and do devote themselves to their careers,said Andrew Hacker, a Queens College sociologist and the author of...
- Bill Rauch in San Francisco Chronicle
Shakespeare's history cycle looked at the great anxiety of his age, which was who was going to replace the childless monarch, Elizabeth,said Rauch. "He chose to address that anxiety by dramatizing stories from his country's past. That felt...