- n the flesh of a chicken used for food
- n a domestic fowl bred for flesh or eggs; believed to have been developed from the red jungle fowl
- n a person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy
- n a foolhardy competition; a dangerous activity that is continued until one competitor becomes afraid and stops
- s easily frightened
- The growers must provide chicken houses, labor and equipment, and pay all other expenses.
- Call it chicken soup for the Pakistani soul.
- It has good fried chicken too--moist but not greasy.
- Wilbur Ross in San Diego Union Tribune
Bondholders are pretty famous for playing chicken,Ross said. "I just hope that they're rational enough not to overplay their hand here."
- Barack Obama in Eurasia Review
You know, sometimes it's odd when you're sitting in historic meetings with your Russian counterpart to spend time talking about chicken,Obama said to the Associated Press. "We may be able to finally throw away those red phones that have...
- Britney Spears in Forbes
Spears said she didn't do anything special to celebrate the release - "we watched movies ...... had fried chicken."