- From within a pub at Weymouth (England) after hours, a passing constable one night last week heard a cheerio voice propose: "Come on, let's have one for the road.
- Seventeen minutes later she uphauled the line, waved cheerio and cocked around for home.
- Listeners either loved or loathed his clipped, British-toned accent, his "cheerio" signature, his hyped-up, opinionated presentation of the news.
- Fiona Phillips in In2town
She added: "Crikey! I'm making it sound hellish, aren't I? It's not. I did 15 years there. But if Christine is planning on tucking into her early-morning Cheerios for several years to come, she's going to have to get used to saying cheerio to the...
- Tony Pulis in Clubcall
Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel: "It's his last game on Saturday but we are hoping it's cheerio rather than goodbye because we will do everything possible to make sure we see him back at the Britannia. I'd love Griff on a permanent basis because I've...
- David Tennant in BBC News
It was very emotional saying cheerio,Tennant said after a screening of latest adventure The Waters of Mars, to be shown on BBC One on 15 November. "There's lots of scenes in the final episode that are very sad, and were very sad to play."