cheek : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n either side of the face below the eyes
- n an impudent statement
- n either of the two large fleshy masses of muscular tissue that form the human rump
- n impudent aggressiveness
- v speak impudently to
- Blood was gushing from a fist-size bullet wound in King's right cheek.
- By the end of the sixth round, the cut on Jeby's cheek was an ugly purple welt, his large, hooked nose was bleeding and everyone in the crowd of 12,000 except his managers knew .
- When Branch Rickey first met with Jackie about joining the Dodgers, he told him that for three years he would have to turn the other cheek and silently suffer all the vile things .
News & Articles
- Jenn Colella, Max von Essen and Robert Lenzi Will Record Songs from Little-Known Musical Comedy Barefoot Boy with Cheek
UnsungMusicalsCo. (UMC) in a collaboration with the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts will record three songs from the little-known 1947 musical comedy Barefoot Boy with Cheek.
June 13, 2013 - Playbill
- Woman says spa doctor burned hole in face
A woman is suing a Buckhead medical spa after she says they burned a hole in her face during a photo-facial treatment. With a large scar marking her cheek, she wants others considering cosmetic work to hear her story. The woman sought the treatment at The Age Less center on Lenox Road. Her lawyers said she had a scab on her face, but a doctor at the center said it needed to be removed. “He ...
June 13, 2013 - WSB-TV 2 Atlanta
- The QT: 'Lab-tested' pot for dogs, Donald Trump's invisibility cloak, and more
A veteran journalist, tongue firmly in cheek, riffs on the headlines of the day
June 12, 2013 - The Week via Yahoo! News
- John McCain in Reuters
I, as I do every three months, visited my dermatologist this morning. She said that I was doing fine,McCain said, adding the doctor "took a small little nick from my cheek as she does regularly and that will be ...... biopsied just to make...
- Conan O Brien in The Associated Press
This is the only way I can sing Thom Yorke songs, as a 19th-century chimney sweep with a top hat and a smudge on my cheek,O'Brien said.
- Isiah Thomas in 940 News
Thomas said he "went to give her a kiss on the cheek and she recoiled is such a way that it made me feel uncomfortable, and I said, 'What? No love today?"