- n a repetitive song in which as many syllables as necessary are assigned to a single tone
- v recite with musical intonation; recite as a chant or a psalm
The rabbi chanted a prayer
- v utter monotonously and repetitively and rhythmically
The students chanted the same slogan over and over again
- Never before on the charts in 1,300 years, Gregorian chant has suddenly become America's newest pop-music phenomenon.
- The Republican chant reverberated this summer from Anchorage to Miami: "Drill, baby, drill.
- Strangely, I found myself repeating the Hail Mary until it became a chant.
News & Articles
- Feathery fan: Parrot learns 'Go Spurs Go' chant
SAN ANTONIO -- The "Go Spurs Go" chant is heard loud and clear throughout San Antonio, even among the team's most feathery fans. YouTube user Britty894 posted a video on June 6, 2013 of her pet parrot repeating the team's war cry next to a mini Spurs basketball hoop. "My grey loves the spurs!" the author said about the video. Watch the YouTube video below to see for yourself!
June 13, 2013 - KENS 5 San Antonio
- MILAN: Paddock principal becomes banana split for a good cause
“Banana split! Mr. D! Mr. D! Mr. D!” was the chant heard from the Paddock Elementary students gathered on the grassy area outside their school, as they waited to watch their principal make good on a promise.
June 13, 2013 - The Milan News-Leader
- Spurs Fans Troll the Heat With ‘Seven Nation Army’ Chant (VIDEO)
Adding insult to last night’s humiliating 36-point beatdown, San Antonio Spurs fans — who are completely insane — belted out the “Seven Nation Army” chant that you hear at Heat games in Miami. Well played.
June 12, 2013 - Slam
- President Bush in Newsday
You brought new glory to one of our nation's most storied basketball programs, and you gave your fans all across America one more reason to chant: Rock Chalk, Jayhawk!,Bush said, using the school's famous chant to the delight of a loyal...
- Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in New York Times
They chant the slogan of change but no change is seen in practice,Ayatollah Khamenei said in a speech before a crowd of tens of thousands in the northeastern holy city of Mashhad.
- Pattie Boyd in FOXNews
George thought it would be wonderful: We could chant together and there would be good vibes in the house,Boyd writes.