chaldean : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a wise man skilled in occult learning
- n an inhabitant of ancient Chaldea
- a of or relating to ancient Chaldea or its people or language or culture
News & Articles
- Grandpapa's: From loading boxes of chips to selling them globally
Taking the lead: H. Michael Robin arrived in Detroit from his native Baghdad in 1968. The Chaldean immigrant found a job loading potato chips onto delivery trucks. That modest beginning led to Grandpapa's, a snack food manufacturer that is part of Robin's $15-million-a-year snack food business.
July 1, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Pope Benedict XVI in USA Today
By calling the patriarch of the Chaldean Church to enter into the College of Cardinals, I wanted to express in a concrete way my spiritual closeness and my affectionto Iraq's Christians, Benedict said to applause.
- President Bush in AFP
I send my condolences to the Chaldean community and the people of Iraq,Bush said in a statement on the death of Archbishop Paulos Faraj Rahho. "I deplore the despicable act of violence committed against the Archbishop." "The...
- Massoud Barzani in Earthtimes
President of Iraq's Kurdish Autonomous Region, Massoud Barzani, condemned the killing, stating that Rahho's death marks "an assault on all religious constituents in Iraq. We strongly condemn the killing of the Chaldean Catholic Archbishop of Mosul...