cerulean : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a light shade of blue
- s of a deep somewhat purplish blue color similar to that of a clear October sky
- Here's a mental exercise: picture a tropical paradise lost in an endless expanse of cerulean ocean.
- Here's a mental exercise for you: picture a tropical paradise lost in an endless expanse of cerulean ocean.
- Or because he is suddenly horrified by Taiji's annual dolphin cull, which starts in September and ends in so much bloodshed that the area's cerulean coves literally turn red.
News & Articles
- Lyrical storytelling propels Kon-Tiki's tale of a raft-borne adventurer
The color blue dominates the filmmakers' palette in Kon-Tiki : the azure expanse of open sky, the aquamarine sheen of boundless ocean, the cerulean eyes of Pl Hagen in the role of real-life adventurer Thor Heyerdahl. Geir Hartly Andreassen's beautifully saturated cinematography nourishes the senses like a photo spread in National Geographic .
June 8, 2013 - Isthmus
- Sam Francis in PR Newswire (press release)
Francis said; "Los Angeles is the best for light in my work. New York light is hard. Paris light is beautiful cerulean gray. But Los Angeles light is clear and bright even in haze."
- Meryl Streep in Victoria Times Colonist
Streep says: "What you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise, it's not lapis, it's actually cerulean. You're also blindly unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar De La Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns .........