- n a precious transparent stone of rich blue corundum valued as a gemstone
- n a transparent piece of sapphire that has been cut and polished and is valued as a precious gem
- n a light shade of blue
- s of something having the color of a blue sapphire
- Sapphire Gentlemen's Club 3025 Industrial Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109; 702-796-6000 36.
- It's made of ceramic, stainless steel and a durable alloy called Liquidmetal, finished with hand-sewn leather and a screen of sapphire crystal, a material second only to diamond in .
- The stone, which is often likened to blue sapphire but is more brilliant with violet overtones, was discovered only 40 years ago, and geologists are convinced that it occurs in .
- Jonathan Ive in LANewsMonitor.com
The steel frame functions as the antenna and primary structure, giving us more internal volume. The screen's glass is comparable in strength to sapphire crystal (and) about thirty times harder than plastic,added Ive.
- Tom Russell in Insciences Organisation
Finally, Russell says, "because the sapphire wafer is transparent and the elements are so small and densely packed, this method opens the possibility for use in photovoltaics and reveals a pathway to efficient energy-harvesting devices."
- Larry Wilcox in CNNMoney.com (press release)
Quality and integrity of the gem itself are of major importance, and we expect that the Montana sapphire will begin to see some elegant branding from this show and the significant exposure it affords,said Larry Wilcox, president and CEO of UC...