- n a person who takes a position in the political center
- s supporting or pursuing a course of action that is neither liberal nor conservative
- He hired centrist economist Jason Furman, known for defending the benefits of globalization and private Social Security accounts, to the displeasure of liberal economists.
- Pavel Wolberg EPA Israel's leaders on Tuesday night concluded a political deal that will put the hawkish Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu in power, with the centrist Labor Party .
- Whats even worse than being a centrist,.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
Obama said he is "no doubt progressive," and that "the notion that somehow that's me trying to look like I'm more centered - more centrist - is just not true."
- Joe Biden in International Herald Tribune
Biden said Americans view a terrorist attack in Europe "as an attack on the United States. That is not hyperbole ...... So please understand that this is not a US-centrist view that only if America is attacked is there a terrorist threat."
- Bill Ritter in Los Angeles Times
Ken Salazar has been an extremely effective US senator for Colorado these past four years, particularly as a moderate and as a centrist,Ritter said. "But if a nomination to join the Obama administration comes to pass, Sen. Salazar would...