- n any of various units of weight used in southeastern Asia (especially a Chinese measure equal to 500 grams)
- s marked by or arising from malice
a catty remark
- All of the above, consolidated into an irrational groupthink and pressurized by a joyously catty media.
- Among the many pleasures of Bob Woodward's The Agenda -- besides the detailed accounting of endless White House budget disputes -- are the pungent, frequently catty descriptions of .
- If I may be catty, Sweden doesn't have anything else.
News & Articles
- Bob Thomas set the right tone for the Rough Riders
A talented player in his own right, Catty's coach pushed the right buttons in leading team to first title since 1981. Catasauqua softball coach Bob Thomas is generally a quiet, low-key guy.
June 14, 2013 - The Morning Call
- Now UCLA is offering football scholarships to 8th graders, and they picked a Texas QB
In the latest case of USC and UCLA engaging in a catty war of “anything you can do, I can do bigger,” the Bruins responded to word that USC handed a scholarship offer to eighth grade wide receiver by offering a scholarship to an eighth grade quarterback from another state. Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Prep Rally via Yahoo! Sports
- Jon Stewart in Philadelphia Inquirer
In case you're wondering what we all do here during the commercial breaks,Jon Stewart said at the Oscars last night, "mostly we just sit around making catty remarks about the outfits you're wearing at home. That's right, it cuts both ways,...
- Jonny Wilkinson in Sky News
I can see a bit of Catty in him, in terms of his vision of the game, which is very clear. I see Riki as an out-and-out threat playing at 12 and he talks well too,said Wilkinson. "When you are a bit wider in the 12 position you have a bit...
- Diane English in Los Angeles Times
The old movie is very bitchy, very catty, very unkind to women. Sixty to 70 years have passed, and, hopefully, we have the same wit and the same taste and still make it more a celebration of women,English says.