caucasian : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of the Caucasoid race
- n a number of languages spoken in the Caucasus that are unrelated to languages spoken elsewhere
- a of or relating to the geographical region of Caucasia
- s of or relating to Caucasian people
- Her resume would be impressive enough for a caucasian actress.
- Who would have guessed that the first elected non-caucasian governor of Louisiana would be a Republican, let alone an under-40 Republican who borrowed his name from a Brady Bunch .
News & Articles
- Age-Related Smelling Loss Significantly Worse in African-Americans
June 13, 2013 - The ability to distinguish between odors declines steadily with age, but a new study shows that African-Americans have a much greater decrease in their sense of smell than Caucasians. This can have serious consequences. Olfactory loss often leads to impaired nutrition. It also may be an early warning sign of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's or Parkinson's, and can ...
June 13, 2013 - Senior Journal
- Interracial Cheerios commercial stirred up controversy
The Cheerios cereal brand recently released a commercial to YouTube called " Just Checking", it showcased a multicultural family, of a young child whose mother was Caucasian and father African Americ
June 9, 2013 - New York Amsterdam News
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Boston Globe (registration)
18 million of you from all walks of life, women and men, young and old, Latino and Asian, African-American and Caucasian, rich, poor and middle class, gay and straight, you have stood with me,Clinton said, continuing, "And I will continue...
- Fisher DeBerry in ESPN
Last week, after a 48-10 loss to TCU, DeBerry noted that TCU "had a lot more Afro-American players than we did and they ran a lot faster than we did. Afro-American kids can run very well. That doesn't mean that Caucasian kids and other descents...
- Barry Bonds in USA Today
Asked by a juror why he didn't buy "a mansion" for his trainer, Bonds answered: "One, I'm black, and I'm keeping my money. And there's not too many rich black people in this world. There's more wealthy Asian people and Caucasian and white. And I...