- n a favorite saying of a sect or political group
- n a word printed at the top of the page of a dictionary or other reference book to indicate the first or last item on that page
- That was the somewhat improbable catchword President Bush attached to his foreign policy while on the campaign trail.
- Each lulls his followers with a catchword (Father Divine's: "Peace, It's Wonderful'').
- In France, Belgium, Italy and Hungary the Party went along with Socialist and Centrist programs; it mouthed some of the old revolutionary slogans, but its main catchword was .
News & Articles
- ‘True Blood’ Spoilers: 10 Random Facts From The 2013 New York Comic Con Panel
“True Blood” invaded New York Comic Con on Friday and didn’t hold anyfang back. Couldn’t attend the panel with Kristin Bauer van Straten and Lauren Bowles? We’ve got you covered with 10 (very) random facts that fans learned: 1. Lafayette’s catchword “Hookah” was actually added by actor Nelsan Ellis, not the writers. 2. Bauer van Straten loves her “Once Upon a Time” character, Maleficent. The ...
Oct. 13, 2013 - International Business Times
- Carla Del Ponte in Naharnet
As we speak, in vast parts of the world, 'double standards' has become a catchword being misused to foster extremism and violence,Del Ponte said. "The ICC is the only place for the universal and consistent administration of criminal...