- n the housing or outer covering of something
- n the outermost covering of a pneumatic tire
- n the enclosing frame around a door or window opening
the casings had rotted away and had to be replaced
- v look over, usually with the intention to rob
- v enclose in, or as if in, a case
- The scrap collector found the casing a month ago in a spot where a radiotherapy clinic had once stood.
- One of the highlights of Ive's year: consulting with candymakers about how to reproduce the iMac's translucent casing.
- When the engine strains for that much power, its casing tends to distort or "ovalize.
News & Articles
- Operations Director
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR Responsible for overall management of Kimzey Casing Service's Operations, including planning, staffing, customer satisfaction, performance and cost management in a multi-site facility. Business is primarily deployment of personnel and equipment to domestic customers.
June 14, 2013 - Rigzone
- Jurors in Spencer trial hear shell casing evidence
WORCESTER and#8212; Shell casings found at the scene of a fatal drive-by shooting seven years ago on Southgate Street were consistent with having been fired from a handgun police recovered from a Claremont Street apartment building where murder suspect Shane M. Spencer's sister lived, a jury was told Friday.
June 14, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Iconic Howard’s Rock at Clemson vandalized
According to a news release from the school, a small portion of The Rock was broken off of its pedestal after vandals broke the casing that protects the artifact. There was no damage to the actual pedestal that supports the rock. Police say Howard’s Rock was vandalized sometime June 2 or June 3.
June 13, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Edward Markey in Xinhua
If BOP and wellhead are removed and if we have incorrectly modeled the restrictions -- the rate could be as high as 100,000 barrels per day up the casing,the released file said.
- Condoleezza Rice in USA Today
The idea that you would somehow play politics with the security of the American people - that you would not go out and warn if you have casing reports on buildings that are highly specific,Rice said. "Are you really supposed to not tell?"