- v form a carpet-like cover (over)
- v cover completely, as if with a carpet
flowers carpeted the meadows
- v cover with a carpet
- a covered with or as if with carpeting or with carpeting as specified; often used in combination
the carpeted hallway
a flower-carpeted hillside
- Trudging in last week with armfuls of wild flowers from the countryside, the people had carpeted with blossoms ten miles of road leading into Danzig from their gambling casino .
- In the lofts above the pushcart pandemonium of Manhattan's Seventh Avenue, Italian seamstresses have given way to Negroes and Puerto Ricans, and in carpeted executive suites .
- The raging wildfires have even scorched the "lungs" of Athens, the great fir-and-pine-carpeted parapet of Mount Parnitha.
News & Articles
- Daimer Releases Truck Mount Carpet Cleaner For Tough Commercial And Residential Applications
Low grade carpet machines lack the power to clean large commercial and residential carpeted surfaces effectively and productively. Daimer's recently launched portable truck mount carpet cleaners with high pressure and temperature levels make cleaning tasks quick and easy for those in the cleaning business. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/truckmount ...
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Looking Back
Looking Back Despite this trauma, and having her leg immobilized in the hospital by a rigging of weights and pulleys, she was designated the hospital's most cheerful patient and called every doctor and nurse "papa" and "mama." Instead of a ribbon, officials snipped a 30-foot strip of tickets to mark the formal opening of the sparkling glass, black brick and richly-carpeted Adirondack Trailways ...
June 13, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Kevin Rudd in The Age
Frankly, I think this is a disgrace and I think that it is time that Mr Truss is carpeted,Mr Rudd said.
- Steve Claridge in The Guardian
It's a personal meeting between the coach and his players,says Steve Claridge, an ex-pro who spent 26 years as a footballer and played for almost as many clubs. "I wouldn't sit in while your boss carpeted you for doing something wrong, nor...
- EL Doctorow in New York Times
A stuffed house is what I was trying to convey,Mr. Doctorow said. "I liked furnishing it. The idea of a carpeted stairwell with brass fittings and Japanese screens and, of course, the grand piano in the dining room with the 18 chairs and...