- r without care or concern
carelessly raised the children's hopes without thinking of their possible disappointment
- r without caution or prudence
one unfortunately sees historic features carelessly lost when estates fall into unsympathetic hands
- r in a rakish manner
- They blame Western-trained doctors who don't understand traditional cures, and who carelessly prescribe or combine it with interferon.
- What we're seeing is the other end of that: now those same people who acted recklessly and carelessly on the front end are asking me to rather carelessly and recklessly go and .
- In the village of Liuchiatsun a peasant named Liu resented the seizure of his tiny (three-acre) farm and carelessly talked of resisting.
News & Articles
- Work session ahead to avert school layoffs
School Board member Nancy Stacy threw down the gauntlet Tuesday night, calling the School District administration a group of power-hungry kings and queens carelessly spending taxpayer money.
June 12, 2013 - The Ocala Star-Banner
- C-470 grass fire blamed on cigarette
An afternoon grass fire at C-470 and University Boulevard in Highlands Ranch is being blamed on a carelessly discarded cigarette, according to Littleton Fire Rescue Division Chief Doug Ireland.
June 11, 2013 - Parker Chronicle
- Valerie Plame in International Herald Tribune
...Valerie Plame, the CIA operative at the heart of a political scandal, told Congress Friday that senior officials at the White House and State Department "carelessly and recklessly" blew her cover to discredit her diplomat-husband.
- Han Seung-soo in International Herald Tribune
At this point, no one knows how the situation will develop,Han said, according to Shin. "We shouldn't carelessly predict anything. It's a very important issue that requires thorough preparation for every scenario."
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg in USA Today
The most serious impact of the court's holding will be on innocent persons wrongfully arrested based on erroneous information carelessly maintained in a computer database,Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote for dissenters.