capsizing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (nautical) the event of a boat accidentally turning over in the water
- v overturn accidentally
- Fellow cartoonists took their hats off to Fitzpatrick's slick technique of getting his points over without capsizing his cartoons with explanatory captions.
- Nearly 320 million trees were killed or severely damaged along the Gulf Coast after enduring capsizing winds and floods from the two disasters.
- An ergonomically designed rotating handle allows your arm to turn without capsizing the whole bag, and it's 20% lighter than most suitcases.
News & Articles
- ‘Heroic’ rescue of Bernards Township man on swollen river
BERNARDS TWP. – A township man and his 4-year-old granddaughter were pulled from the swollen Passaic River Sunday afternoon after capsizing a kayak in what police are calling a “heroic” water rescue b
June 14, 2013 - The Bernardsville News
- Good clean fun
THE SUN WASN’T shining, but that didn’t stop the students from having fun on — and in — the water during the MUHS senior raft race at Lake Dunmore this past Wednesday. BreAnna Morse, left, Tiffany Danyow and Bailey Mills head back to shore after capsizing.
June 14, 2013 - The Addison County Independent
- 'Heroic' rescue of kayakers on swollen Passaic River, Millington
BERNARDS TWP. – A township man and his 4-year-old granddaughter were pulled from the swollen Passaic River Sunday afternoon after capsizing a kayak in what police are calling a “heroic” water rescue
June 12, 2013 - Echoes-Sentinel
- President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo in Inquirer.net
I am deeply saddened by the loss of life from the typhoon and the ferry tragedy,Arroyo said shortly after her meeting with US President George W. Bush at the White House. "I am also angry at what happened with the capsizing of the ferry...
- Gomaa in Boston Globe
I took the decision not to return to protect 1,800 passengers who were with me on the Saint Catherine for fear of capsizing the ferry while turning,Captain Salah Gomaa told the state-owned daily al-Ahram in remarks published on Tuesday.
- Dick Parsons in Gear Live
Traditional media businesses are finding their way into the digital space without completely capsizing or cannibalizing their traditional media businesses,said Richard Parsons, chief executive and chairman of Time Warner.