cantonal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to a canton
- Last week the cantonal council decided that the whole problem was too knotty for quick solution and postponed final action on Pugin's restrictive rules.
- Schaeffer and his wife were told by the cantonal government that they must move out of the canton.
- A brilliant lawyer and politician, cantonal boss of the powerful Radical Party, he had been Aly Khan's attorney during his divorce from Rita Hayworth, and he represented .
- Joaquin Almunia in International Herald Tribune
The European Commission has no doubt that cantonal tax schemes qualify as subsidies because they offer an unfair tax advantage to companies in Switzerland for profits generated in the EU. Income generated in Switzerland is taxed higher,EU...
- Hans-Rudolf Merz in Swissinfo
Attacking cantonal taxation is the same as attacking Swiss sovereignty,said Finance Minister Hans-Rudolf Merz last week.