capacious : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s large in capacity
she carried a capacious bag
- Online capacious file stores are becoming commonplace and free.
- The show was a sell out and there was not an empty seat in the capacious auditorium.
- And we have been on Cloud Nine since checking into our capacious, chandelier-bedecked suite, once the sitting room of a princess.
News & Articles
- Jared Nickens on Terps commitment: 'I just fell in love with Maryland'
There was a moment this weekend when Jared Nickens first stepped through the tunnel and onto the Comcast Center floor. The bleachers were folded against the wall, making the already-capacious arena seem even bigger. His eyes widened and lit up. "It felt like an NBA arena," the New Jersey small forward would later say. Read full article >>
June 16, 2013 - Washington Post
- John Paul Stevens in Seattle Times
Because greenhouse gases fit well within the ...... act's capacious definition of 'air pollutant,' we hold that EPA has the statutory authority to regulate the emission of such gases from new motor vehicles,Justice John Paul Stevens said for...
- Cardinal George Pell in Sydney Morning Herald
The Australian idea of life in common is often generous and always capacious,Dr Pell said. "A bit more religion here and there is something most will easily take in their stride, and probably nearly as many would be uneasy if religious...
- Henry Louis Gates in Newsday
QUOTE "Lincoln is so capacious a myth in the American imagination that each generation reinvents him in their own image," Gates explains. "We remake Lincoln to remake ourselves, and there are so many Lincolns. If we made a partial list, there...