- v make insensitive or callous; deaden feelings or morals
- s emotionally hardened
a callous indifference to suffering
- s having calluses; having skin made tough and thick through wear
with a workman's callous hands
- In one America, she's smart, committed, likable, with strong values and empathy for people like them, and in the other she's an ambitious, callous appeaser.
- Grade school textbooks recount the callous brutality of Japanese soldiers in graphic detail, and credit the Communist Party with defeating Japan.
- But they also want to press their claims that Blackwater, in its zeal to exploit this unexpected market for private security men, showed a callous disregard for the safety of its .
News & Articles
- Prison for Cherry Hill man in boat-sinking plot
Describing the crime as egregious and callous, U.S. District Judge Renee Marie Bumb in Camden sentenced Scott Tran, 40, a Cherry Hill chiropractor, to 46 months in prison for initiating a botched scheme to scuttle his fishing boat, the Alexander II, for the insurance money.
June 13, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Missouri disregards the needs of the mentally ill
Early and consistent treatment would do wonders, but Missouri has shown a callous disregard for its mentally ill citizens.
June 13, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- Dog of little consequence in fight against drugs
This is in reply to the letter to the editor in Friday’s edition, “Police Callous in Killing Dog.”
June 12, 2013 - Olean Times Herald
- Henry Hudson in Wall Street Journal
You may have thought this was sporting, but it was very callous and cruel,US District Judge Henry Hudson told Mr. Phillips during his sentencing.
- Nancy Pelosi in Reuters Canada
The testimony unmistakably revealed -- at the highest levels of the Bush administration -- a callous disregard in handling sensitive national security information and a disposition to smear critics of the war in Iraq,said House of...
- Ron Wilson in CBC.ca
Even though coaching can be a very callous and negative position, my staff and I poured my heart and soul into this,Wilson said. "It is very difficult to talk about this unemotionally."