- a relating to or associated with heat
the caloric effect of sunlight
- a of or relating to calories in food
comparison of foods on a caloric basis
the caloric content of foods
- The pebble streams data to a computer that keeps time and calculates caloric burn.
- The other, the Bodybugg, measures my caloric expenditure.
- If you're hot and thirsty after a 20-minute run in summer heat, it's easy to guzzle that bottle in 20 seconds, in which case the caloric expenditure and the caloric intake are .
News & Articles
- You might think twice about the double-pump breve
SEATTLE –Starbucks will post caloric information for its drinks on its menu boards starting June 25. The coffee giant already lists the information on printed brochures, its website and mobile app. The company is taking the extra step to further …
June 18, 2013 - Q13 FOX Seattle
- Starbucks Is Adding Calorie Counts, but Will It Curb Consumption?
Starting next Tuesday, your morning coffee to go will come with a full disclosure of its caloric content. Starbucks has announced that it will include calorie counts for each beverage on the menu boards at all of its more than 11,000 locations in the U.S., as well as tags for pastries in the bakery cases. In a news release about the new feature, Mary Wagner, the senior vice president of global ...
June 18, 2013 - Wellness
- Leonard P. Guarente in New York Times
The survival data needs to be fleshed out a little bit more before we can say that caloric restriction extends life in primates,he said.
- Jay Olshansky in Dallas Morning News
Because most people wouldn't put up with a diet of 30 percent fewer calories, investigators are focusing on developing drugs that would mimic caloric restriction and produce the same healthy effects,Dr. Olshansky said.
- David Sinclair in Science Daily (press release)
We made a striking observation,says Sinclair. "Resveratrol opposed the effects of high caloric intake in 144 out of 153 significantly altered pathways. In terms of gene expression and pathway comparison, the resveratrol fed group was more...