- n an adherent of the theological doctrines of John Calvin
- a of or relating to or characteristic of Calvinism or its adherents
- Joseph Story in The Conservative Voice
Accordingly, Justice Story wrote that under the Constitution "the Catholic and the Protestant, the Calvinist and the Armenian, the Jew and the Infidel, may sit down at the common table of the national councils, without any inquisition into their...
- Rupert Murdoch in guardian.co.uk
Asked about the chancellor, Mr Murdoch said: "I like Gordon very much and I share a lot of his values. The Calvinist background I guess ...... Scottish blood, you know, he does seem to believe in the work ethic."
- Paige Patterson in BP News
Patterson said what he "appreciate[s] so much about Dr. Mohler and many of my other Calvinist friends is that that emphatically is not true of them."