caliber : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a degree or grade of excellence or worth
an executive of low caliber
- n diameter of a tube or gun barrel
- Offers significant improvements in reliability and maintainability over the 54-caliber Mk 42 gun systems.
- You just want people of his caliber to lead.
- The heavy-caliber bullet smashed through King's neck, exploded against his lower right jaw, severing his spinal cord and slamming him away from the rail, up against the wall, with .
News & Articles
- NBA Draft 2013: Highlighting Top Shooters Set to Go in 1st Round
Shooters are invaluable to a championship-caliber team in the NBA . After all, both the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs feature multiple knock-down shooters and currently find themselves vying for the title this June. With the 2013 NBA draft just over two weeks away, shooting will once again become a coveted asset for all 30 NBA franchises. While general mangers will of course be looking at and ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- iFrogz® Advantage Mobile Gaming Controller Compatible with New Apple iOS 7 API
The Caliber Advantage™ from iFrogz®, a ZAGG Inc brand , is a combination mobile gaming controller and protective case for Apple devices that incorporates the newly announced iOS 7.
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Army base shooting: Suspect charged in shooting that injured 1
Army base shooting: The complaint alleges that the 51-year-old carried a .45 caliber pistol onto Fort Sam Houston on Monday and got into an argument with his wife, then shot her multiple times.
June 11, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Greg Nickels in SportingNews.com
I think if we had a group the caliber of one led by Steve Ballmer and we had an arena pot with $300 million available in it, the NBA would have a hard time abandoning a city that's always had pro basketball -- at least for the last 41 years,...
- Tim Finchem in FOXNews
Of course, we're disappointed when Tiger is unable to compete in a PGA Tour event,commissioner Tim Finchem said on the tour's Web site. "There is really never a good time for an athlete - especially one of Tiger's caliber - to take weeks...
- David Ortiz in SI.com
I've played first base before and it wasn't that bad,Ortiz said. "It's just not Gold Glove-caliber."