- n a degree or grade of excellence or worth
- n diameter of a tube or gun barrel
- Nothing so tests the calibre of a Governor as a serious labor dispute in his State.
- Buckley, pierced by eleven big-calibre bullets, was staggering, bleeding profusely.
- Calibre is the diameter of the bore between the lands.
News & Articles
- LETTER: We should be able to carry any kind of weapon?
It only takes a small calibre “six or eight-shooter” to lay waste to six or eight humans.
June 11, 2013 - The Westerly Sun
- SilabTech’s 28nm High-Speed PHYs Delivered Ahead of Schedule with Mentor Graphics Tool Flow
WILSONVILLE, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mentor Graphics Corp. (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced that SilabTech Pvt. Ltd. has achieved first silicon success for their latest 28nm high-speed, mixed-signal PHY IPs for PCI Express, SATA, MIPI, M-PHY and USB 3.0 in advance of the planned schedule. SilabTech succeeded using the Mentor Graphics® Pyxis™, Eldo®, and Calibre® tools for custom layout, extraction ...
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire
- Tennis-Djokovic, or anyone else, no closer to solving Rafa riddle
By Pritha Sarkar PARIS, June 7 (Reuters) - An unassuming Swede and his hammerhead forehand is starting to gain mythical status at Roland Garros because in nine years Robin Soderling remains the only man to have beaten Rafa Nadal at the French Open. Over the seasons grand slam champions in the calibre of Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Lleyton Hewitt, Juan Martin del Potro and Carlos ...
June 7, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Danny Ferry in CBC.ca
It is a really unique and rare opportunity to bring in a player of Shaq's calibre,Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry said. "We are excited to see how his presence, experience and play positively impacts our team."
- Darren Bent in Australian FourFourTwo
Bent said: "There is definitely a vacancy for a goalscorer. I have always been a firm believer that, if you can score a lot of goals for your club, then you can do it for your country. That is especially the case with England given the calibre of...
- John Howard in The Canberra Times
Mr Howard describes Mr Briggs as "an energetic, intelligent and high-calibre adviser" and defends his work on industrial relations.