browned : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v fry in a pan until it changes color
- v make brown in color
the draught browned the leaves on the trees in the yard
- s (of skin) deeply suntanned
- Last week she demonstrated paupiettes de veau Fontage and the unexpurgated chicken marengo (two small chickens are browned in sweet butter; a hen lobster is sauted, then .
- Covered with Hog's Breath--a dry seasoning of salt, pepper, garlic and paprika--the hunks browned over low heat for an hour and a half while grillmaster McCain constantly applied .
- At many a Thanksgiving Day dinner table, a returned veteran carved unrationed turkey; 159,000-odd sun-browned and sturdy servicemen were already back home for good, and more were .
News & Articles
- Browned butter icing recipe
If you're tired of the same old icing, try this browned butter icing.
June 23, 2013 - ABC Action News Tampa Bay
- Review: Prosecco Italian Restaurant offers classics plus inventive dishes
Loading Photo Galleries ... The Contadina pizza, baked in a stone oven, is made with mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, wilted spinach, roasted red peppers and Italian sausage. Golden and browned mozzarella melts beautifully. The thin crust is crispy, but also noticeably dry.
June 23, 2013 - The Journal News
- Eben Moglen in CNET News.com
We're four weeks from finished now, and we have consensus on large, important major changes,Moglen said. "Everybody is equally browned off, and that is how it should be, but we're all finishing together."
- Kieran McGeeney in GAA Football & Hurling
We've been knocked into touch so many times by the GAA - they say they talk but they don't really,said McGeeney. "I think a lot of players are getting browned off with it."