- n (plural) the lay members of a male religious order
- n a male with the same parents as someone else
- n a male person who is a fellow member (of a fraternity or religion or other group)
- n a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
- n used as a term of address for those male persons engaged in the same movement
- n (Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a monk and used as form of address
- And they say to him, behold thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.
- But not all Hmong made it to America: 15,000 of Vang's brethren were cut off from escape and were forced to melt away into the mountainous jungles of Laos.
- To get the Georgia brethren on their feet, Abbot Frederic Mary Dunne came with the monks from Kentucky.
News & Articles
- He's enchanning!
1. He knows how to pick ’em. Unlike most of his 30-something, muscled brethren, Tatum has resisted selling out with a superhero franchise. He even reportedly had it put into his “G.I. Joe” contract that — spoiler alert — he had to be killed off in the sequel. LOU LUMENICK'S...
June 26, 2013 - New York Post
- Vacation Bible school at York County churches
* York First Church of the Brethren, 2710 Kingston Road, will host Colossal Coaster World for 4-year-olds to fifth-graders, 6-8:30 p.
June 25, 2013 - The York Dispatch
- Torrance church volunteers call it a day after feeding homeless for quarter-century
A group of six women chose to spend more than two decades at South Bay Church of the Brethren, dedicating a day of every month to providing food for the homeless in Torrance. But now their service is coming to an end.
June 23, 2013 - Daily Breeze
- Mahmoud Abbas in Reuters
I have told our brethren in the PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization) ...... that I have no desire to run in the forthcoming election,a visibly tense Abbas told a news conference at his Ramallah headquarters.
- Muqtada al-Sadr in San Diego Union Tribune
I call upon the American people to stand beside their brethren, the Iraqi people, who are suffering an injustice by your rulers and the occupying army, to help them in the transfer of power to honest Iraqis,al-Sadr said in a statement from...
- Adnan al-Dulaimi in USA Today
There is a Safawi (Iranian) plan to root the Sunnis out of this country, and we are confronting it,al-Dulaimi said. "We call on our Arab brethren to support us and confront this Safawi plan."