- n a quality of spirit that enables you to face danger or pain without showing fear
- n feeling no fear
- It was an astonishing act of bravery and selflessness, and the fact that he was so matter-of-fact about it made it even more so.
- The annual Teddy Awards honor bravery including that shown every day by those in uniform.
- With some it's their bravery that inspires; for others, their physical skills Shirin Ebadi, Bono, Yao Ming, Mel Gibson, more.
News & Articles
- Delano marine awarded bronze medal
A marine from Delano is being honored for his bravery while on a mission in Afghanistan.
June 17, 2013 - KERO 23 Bakersfield
- Hazleton girl's memory lives on through butterfly garden
A little 6-year-old captured the hearts of many who heard her story of bravery as she battled a serious illness for most of her young life, and with the creation of a garden and a foundation named in her memory, she and her pure, selfless acts will live
June 17, 2013 - The Hazleton Standard-Speaker
- Obama: Northern Ireland peace will be tested
BELFAST, Northern Ireland (AP) — President Barack Obama says peace in Northern Ireland is a blueprint for those living in conflict around the world. But he's warning that peace there between Catholics and Protestants may be attacked and tested. Obama is calling on Northern Ireland's citizens to respond with the same bravery that made peace possible. He says leaders can negotiate peace but the ...
June 17, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- David Cameron in The Associated Press
It was a dreadful day, but it is also a day that will remain, I believe, a symbol of the enduring bravery of the British people,Cameron told the House of Commons.
- Gordon Brown in Telegraph.co.uk
Gordon Brown called Miss Bhutto a "woman of immense personal courage and bravery".
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
He has become a representative of many of those people who are on the streets and who have displayed extraordinary bravery and extraordinary courage,Obama said.