cowardice : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the trait of lacking courage
- That cowardice was confirmed by the shameful Munich Agre ement, by which France and Britain betrayed their alliance with Czechoslovakia and abandoned it like a dead weight.
- Yoani Snchez, a 38-year-old Havana webmaster and editor, launched Generacion Y as what she calls "an exercise in cowardice," because it lets her say things she can't say out loud .
- He said, "Where choice is set between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
News & Articles
- WWII 'Deserters': Stories Of Men Who Left The Front Lines
In his new book, journalist Charles Glass explores the little-known history of thousands of American and British soldiers who deserted during World War II. Glass describes how the strain of war can push a soldier to the breaking point — and how the line between courage and cowardice is never simple.
June 17, 2013 - NPR
- Hamid Karzai in USA Today
It was a terrible tragedy, no doubt an act of extreme cowardice,Karzai said.
- Sean Penn in FOXNews
I'd tell them to turn in their hate card and find their better self,Penn said. "I think that these are largely taught limitations and ignorances, this kind of thing. It's really sad in a way, because it's a demonstration of such cowardice,...
- Manmohan Singh in Bloomberg
Such barbaric acts targeting innocent men, women and children only highlight the desperation and cowardice of those responsible,Singh said in an e-mailed statement. "We will take all possible steps to maintain peace and bring the...