- n the act of passengers and crew getting aboard a ship or aircraft
- n a structure of boards
- v get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
- v live and take one's meals at or in
she rooms in an old boarding house
- v lodge and take meals (at)
- v provide food and lodging (for)
The old lady is boarding three men
- The storied boarding schools of the East are as well-mannered, wealthy and academically rigorous as they ever were.
- It's a scene common in boarding schools, but these youngsters--98% African American, 79% from low-income homes aren't your typical preppies.
- Can public boarding schools help at-risk kids excel?.
News & Articles
- Britain to airlines: Don't let Edward Snowden fly to U.K.
AP: London warns carriers in travel alert to bar NSA leaker from boarding because he's highly likely to be kept out of Britain
June 14, 2013 - CBS News
- VCA Animal Hospitals Offers Free Boarding for Pets Affected by Colorado Wildfires
VCA Animal Hospitals announced that select VCA hospitals in Colorado are offering free boarding assistance for small animals, including dogs, cats, birds and pocket pets, whose families have lost their homes or are among those evacuated due to the devastating wildfires.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Paddle Boarding Growing In Popularity Across Minnesota
We love to boat and fish, but a slightly different sport is quickly gaining popularity across the state. Paddle Boarding, where one stands on a board and paddles their way across water, is quickly becoming one of the favorite activities for lake enthusiasts.
June 10, 2013 - CBS Minnesota
- Jonathon Band in International Herald Tribune
For the moment, we have stopped boarding operations. Coalition operations continue under UK command,said Admiral Jonathon Band, head of the Royal Navy.
- Barack Obama in U.S. News & World Report
I know some have argued that brutal methods like water-boarding were necessary to keep us safe,Obama said at one point. "I could not disagree more."
- Michael Chertoff in Reuters India
Getting this information in advance enables our frontline personnel to determine whether a visa-free traveler presents a threat, before boarding an aircraft or arriving on our shores,Chertoff said in a statement.