- n a committee having supervisory powers
the board has seven members
- n a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
- n a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose
he nailed boards across the windows
- n food or meals in general
room and board
- n a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view
- n a table at which meals are served
a feast was spread upon the board
- n electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices
suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree
- n a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
- n a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games
he got out the board and set up the pieces
- v get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
- v live and take one's meals at or in
she rooms in an old boarding house
- v lodge and take meals (at)
- v provide food and lodging (for)
The old lady is boarding three men
- Australia, which gave the world the benefits of the Hula Hoop, last week was exporting a new crazethe wobble board.
- In a fundamental power shift in corporate America, boards of directors, once tame and docile, are turning on their masters.
- For decades, museum curator Irving Finkel has been on the trail of a 4,600-year-old board game.
- Sepp Blatter in The Guardian
It is obvious that after the experience so far in this World Cup it would be a nonsense not to reopen the file of technology at the business meeting of the International FA Board in July,he said. "Personally I deplore it when you see...
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
Obama said Clinton was "a corporate lawyer sitting on the board at Wal-Mart" while he was fighting for working-class Americans in Illinois.
- Tiger Wood in ESPN
I just need to keep progressing and keep moving my way up the board,he said. "It's a long haul. The US Open is not going to get easier as the week goes on -- especially on the weekend. And from what I hear it's supposed to be overcast, so...