- n sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat and rectangular) section or component of something
- n a committee appointed to judge a competition
- n (law) a group of people summoned for jury service (from whom a jury will be chosen)
- n a group of people gathered for a special purpose as to plan or discuss an issue or judge a contest etc
- n a soft pad placed under a saddle
- n a piece of cloth that is generally triangular or tapering; used in making garments or umbrellas or sails
- n (computer science) a small temporary window in a graphical user interface that appears in order to request information from the user; after the information has been provided the user dismisses the box with `okay' or `cancel'
- n electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices
he checked the instrument panel
- v decorate with panels
panel the walls with wood
- v select from a list
empanel prospective jurors
- You assume that the jackholes peddling the 'death panel' crap have enough shame to care, and that the people protesting on the basis of 'death panels' will ever make the connection .
- The panel has been plagued by controversy, which has also hampered its effectiveness.
- There are countless ways to manufacture solar panels, but there's only one metric that counts: how the cost of solar power compares with that of electricity from fossil fuels.
News & Articles
- Panel OKs Education Department to build schools in Newtown
A Senate panel has voted to allow the Department of Education to fund new construction projects for districts that have seen traumatic events in their schools.
June 12, 2013 - The Norwich Bulletin
- Panel OKs Education Department to build schools
Panel OKs Education Department to build schools WASHINGTON (AP) — A Senate panel has voted to allow the Department of Education to fund new construction projects for districts that have seen traumatic events in their schools. The voice vote Wednesday in the Senate education committee would pave the way for districts such as those in Newtown, Conn., to apply for federal dollars to build a new ...
June 12, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Panel Finds Accused Cole Bomber OK to Stand Trial
Panel finds Gitmo detainee accused in Cole attack has mental illness but competent for trial
June 11, 2013 - ABC News
- Al Gore in Reuters
I am deeply honored to receive the Nobel Peace Prize,Gore said in the statement. "This award is even more meaningful because I have the honor of sharing it with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- the world's pre-eminent...
- Floyd Landis in Toronto Star
This ruling is a blow to athletes and cyclists everywhereLandis said. "For the Panel to find in favour of USADA when, with respect to so many issues, USADA did not manage to prove even the most basic parts of their case shows that this...
- Mitch McConnell in BusinessWeek
This is a purely partisan move that will make a traditionally bipartisan labor board an unbalanced agenda- driven panel,said Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky in a statement.