- s without any attempt at concealment; completely obvious
blatant disregard of the law
a blatant appeal to vanity
- s conspicuously and offensively loud; given to vehement outcry
- Disallowing citizens to move from one place to another is a blatant misuse of power.
- The story that the election has been rigged is a blatant lie and needs to be rejected with all the force at our command.
- A judge recently overturned a previous conviction of a alleged murderer, ruling that the prosecutors had relied on blatant perjury by key witnesses.
News & Articles
- Time for Mugabe to go
The violent, mismanaged and tyrannical rule of Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe must end. As the opposition parties in the country unite to dig their heels in bracing to defend against another example of the blatant and rampant corruption that has engulfed Mugabe’s reign , which has lasted more than ...
June 14, 2013 - Foreign Policy Blogs
- Discrimination Still Exists in Housing in More Subtle Ways
A recent government study shows a decline in blatant racial discrimination in the housing sector, more subtle discrimination persists with minorities finding out about and being shown fewer available listings.
June 13, 2013 - FOX Business
- Browse News
Elaborating on her op-ed piece in this week's issue, Journal Publisher Judy Hodgson took to the airwaves this afternoon, telling KHUM's Mike Dronkers that the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors' recent vote to replace the guiding principles in the general plan update was "one of the more blatant power grabs that I've seen in all my years watching the Board of Supervisors.
June 13, 2013 - The North Coast Journal
- Dermot Ahern in New York Times
Millions of people worldwide saw it was a blatant double hand ball, not to mention a double offside,Ahern said. "We should put the powers that be in the cozy world of FIFA on the spot and demand a replay."
- Mitch McConnell in Manufacturing.net
Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky called the new regulations a "blatant power grab by the administration and the EPA."
- Paris Hilton in Times LIVE
The blatant actions of First American and eAppraiseIT have contributed to the growing foreclosure crisis and turmoil in the housing market. By allowing Washington Mutual to hand-pick appraisers who inflated values, First American helped set the... Andrew Cuomo http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Cuomo&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHjjIti0__fUM_m7ySWQNO9r_MDbg Boston Herald http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/view.bg%3Farticleid%3D1041915&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGu3gJPQ9EafLzmPkJfJ2cXMtslWg Nov 1, 2007
10608 14889 blatantly It's not hard to fathom Paris smoking pot, it's the doing it in the midst of the world's biggest sporting event, in public, blatantly enough to get caught, part that made it dubious. Again, Paris is not dumb," the article said. "It doesn't...