- n a general feeling of boredom and dissatisfaction
- n pompous or pretentious talk or writing
- Because of the bad case of economic blahs, the Federal Reserve last week lowered the discount rate, the amount it charges on loans to member banks, from 13% to 12%.
- For the television viewer more than the newspaper reader, the Democratic Convention was an acute attack of the blahs.
- After noting the phenomenon of the blahs, The Columbia News went on to observe: "It seems Middle America is taking a breather in its fight against war, the hippies and the economy .
- Jim Leyland in Detroit Free Press
I was proud,manager Jim Leyland said of his team. "We had the blahs after a tough home stand (4-6, capped by Sunday's 16-8 loss), and we hung in there and got it done."