- n a common scrubby deciduous tree of central and southeastern United States having dark bark and broad three-lobed (club-shaped) leaves; tends to form dense thickets
- n a piece of metal covered by leather with a flexible handle; used for hitting people
- n a flag usually bearing a white skull and crossbones on a black background; indicates a pirate ship
- n a gambling game using cards; the object is to hold cards having a higher count than those dealt to the banker up to but not exceeding 21
- v exert pressure on someone through threats
- And with a wide range of after-market applications including Facebook, a blackjack game and a GPS navigation program it should also be a lot more fun to use.
- Reports Victoria Owner George Wynberg: "This summer we had what I think was the biggest blackjack hand ever dealt in the world$26,500.
- If you have to gamble, do it fast and do it social: craps, roulette, a sports bet, a 45-minute round of blackjack you set a timer to.
News & Articles
- Splitting 10's in Blackjack
It was late on a Monday night in Las Vegas, and I was playing blackjack head-to-head with the dealer until a younger couple joined me. They were in their late 20s or early 30s, and obviously had already had a few drinks before they asked the cocktail waitress for a couple of beers.
June 27, 2013 - Rolling Good Times
- Photos: Jam at the Ridge with Blackjack Billy and Blackberry Smoke
It was another smokin' night of music at Frostridge Campground on Saturday night as the summer concert series Jam at the Ridge saw its second installment The headliner tonight was Blackberry Smoke, a band that's been winning fans in the year since the group last visited Le Roy, but for me, the highlight of the night was Blackjack Billy, the second act on the bill. Blackjack Billy 's country rock ...
June 23, 2013 - The Batavian
- Casino plan is an imperfect improvement
After some late-minute shuffling that would make an expert blackjack dealer envious, the state has produced a vision of sorts for casino expansion in New York.
June 22, 2013 - The Journal News
- Charles Barkley in Forbes
That was all profit (from) blackjack and I bet on the Super Bowl. I had the Colts,Barkley said in an interview with Phoenix television station KTVK. "I played a lot of blackjack."
- Sarah Silverman in Forbes
I play blackjack,said Silverman. "The second I triple my money, I go back to my room and watch movies."
- Ricky Hatton in 940 News
I've still never, to this day, looked at myself as a star,Hatton said. "When I'm walking through the casino and I see my face on the posters and (painted) on the blackjack table (felt), I'm taking pictures. I don't think I'll ever get used...