- n a piece of metal covered by leather with a flexible handle; used for hitting people
- v hit with a cosh, usually on the head
- When someone lets a cosh fall on a bench in court .
- But Smithers' cosh proved to be a child's toy made of hollow rubber.
- Peter Quennell, an Englishman of letters with a well-dressed mind and an impeccable literary accent, who presumably never hobnobs with the spivs, tarts and cosh artists of .
News & Articles
- QB battle highlights summer practice
Everyone was focused on the quarterback position on Saturday when UH fans got the chance to watch their Cougars take the practice field for the first time since the annual spring game in April. Freshmen quarterbacks John O’Korn and Greg Ward and junior transfer Billy Cosh took the practice field for the first time. O’Korn, Cosh, [...]
Aug. 5, 2013 - The Daily Cougar
- Cooper Standard Appoints Ott as Vice President, Human Resources
NOVI, Mich., Aug. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cooper-Standard Holdings Inc. (OTCBB: COSH), a leading global supplier of automotive sealing, fuel and brake, and fluid transfer systems, today announced the appointment ...
Aug. 2, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Daniel Anderson in Sportinglife.com
I thought the leaders in our team - Sean Long, Leon Pryce and Keiron - were absolutely outstanding,added Anderson. "We were under the cosh for a while but our resilience and character showed up."
- Steve Bruce in ESPN
Bruce said: "I can't remember being under the cosh like that and getting away with it before. You need to have a bit of luck when it is like that - and you need your defenders to be brave." "But we were terrific in sticking at it. We were out...
- Martin Corry in Independent
If you look at his two tries, they came when we had been under the cosh,said Martin Corry, who had led the side with Phil Vickery starting the game on the bench. "We had to weather a storm. It is very special when you have a finisher who...