- a pleasant and beneficial in nature or influence
- s characterized by kindness and warm courtesy especially of a king to his subjects
our benignant king
- Let it roll on in full flood, inexorable, irresistible, benignant, to broader lands and better days.
- Radio's most untrammeled critic last week put out a little book that was, like himself, benignant but free from bunk.
- For in one of the mission chambers a venerable, white-haired invalid, with wrinkled, bespectacled eyes and a broad, benignant face, lay on what seemed likely to be his death bed.