- a characterized by charm, good taste, and generosity of spirit
gracious even to unexpected visitors
he bears insult with gracious good humor
- s characterized by kindness and warm courtesy especially of a king to his subjects
- s exhibiting courtesy and politeness
- s disposed to bestow favors
thanks to the gracious gods
- McCain concedes the race to Obama in Phoenix in a gracious speech: "I wish godspeed to the man who was my former opponent, and will be my president.
- Walter Winchell did not present a problem when Emily Post began piloting Americans along the winding bayous of gracious living, and the proper adjustments of falsies was not a .
- Perfectly constructed, astonishingly fast and utterly besotted with technology, the big, gracious 7-series had but two flaws: The first was something called iDrive, a rotary dial .
News & Articles
- Curley "Boo" gearing up for next Skills for Life hoops camp
Curley “Boo” Johnson has traveled all over the world, and he lives in Arizona, but he can’t stop returning to his home town. “Number one,” Johnson says, “I’m from here. Two, Peoria has been over-the-top gracious to me, and also to my father. And three, man, they named a street after me here.”
June 16, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- T cop wounded in marathon manhunt goes home
In what has become a solemn marathon ritual, another victim left the hospital yesterday to gracious applause. This time it was MBTA Officer Richard Donohue, who bid Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Charlestown goodbye. “I am here on a couple of crutches,” said Donohue, who was severely injured in a standoff on April 19 with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects. “I can take a few steps on my ...
June 15, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Lake of the Woods Defeats Pacific Swim Team
It was more than just being gracious hosts.
June 15, 2013 - The Missourian
- Dianne Feinstein in 680 News
Obama "was very gracious," said Feinstein, who had supported Clinton during the primaries. "He said he would go wherever, whenever Senator Clinton wanted."
- Marie Osmond in San Francisco Chronicle
In a statement released earlier in the day, Marie Osmond said, "As his mother, I couldn't be more proud of him. The press and public have always been kind and gracious in the past and I know they will continue to respect our privacy during this...