bemuse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to be confused emotionally
- Conceptualism remains vastly influential in contemporary art, leading to seemingly baffling pieces that scandalize or bemuse audiences still.
- They startle and bemuse with a uniquely mournful and moody tone that shades Morrison's dusky voice seamlessly into a dark-textured background: the haunting organ, piano and bass of .
- It varies erratically, and a subtle enemy might bemuse the missile with false-face magnetism.
News & Articles
- Septaper Surprise!: 20 Wonky Financial Slang Terms You Probably Didn’t Know
Slang, linguist Jonathan Lighter once wrote, is a way to convey an insider’s wry appraisal, something to boost a slangster’s ego by showing familiarity with concepts that bemuse others. That description may help explain why slang is so prevalent in the financial world, a generally bemusing place where insider knowledge reigns supreme. Right now, the wonky buzzwords making the rounds are Septaper ...
Sept. 25, 2013 - Swampland