- n a vessel containing liquid in which something is immersed (as to process it or to maintain it at a constant temperature or to lubricate it)
she soaked the etching in an acid bath
- n you soak and wash your body in a bathtub
he has a good bath every morning
- n a relatively large open container that you fill with water and use to wash the body
- n an ancient Hebrew liquid measure equal to about 10 gallons
- n a town in southwestern England on the River Avon; famous for its hot springs and Roman remains
- n a room (as in a residence) containing a bathtub or shower and usually a washbasin and toilet
- v clean one's body by immersion into water
The child should bathe every day
- Global warming the very term sounds gentle, like a bath that grows pleasantly hotter under the tap.
- The moors ruled Andalucia in southern Spain from the 8th to the 12th centuries, and among their more sybaritic legacies are the hammams (bathhouses) found in the city of Granada.
- Moreover, it features a gem on its roof: the rotenburo, or outdoor bath.
News & Articles
- Bath seeking assistant fire chief
Bath Township is seeking a new assistant fire chief. Trustees, at the June 17 meeting, approved posting the position June 18 through July 29. Trustees also approved an amended job description for the position.
June 20, 2013 - West Side Leader & South Side News Leader
- Agree To Buy Bed, Bath & Beyond At $52.50, Earn 5.5%
Investors considering a purchase of Bed, Bath & Beyond, Inc. (NASD: BBBY) stock, but tentative about paying the going market price of $69.83/share, might benefit from considering selling puts among the alternative strategies at their disposal. One interesting put contract in particular, is the January 2015 put at the $52.50 strike, which has a bid at the time of this writing of $2.90. Collecting ...
June 20, 2013 - Forbes
- Montsweag clinches Bath Ripken U10 title
BATH — Montsweag Roadhouse clinched the Bath 10U Cal Ripken championship by defeating Sunnybrook Village 15-2 last week. The Roadhouse played well throughout the tournament never losing a game and were extremely strong offensively both with their bats and aggressive base running. read more
June 20, 2013 - The Times Record
- Kobe Bryant in FanHouse (blog)
You can see how excited he is about it,Bryant said. "You can see it in his eyes that he's ecstatic. It's been a long time since he had a champagne bath, and I knew that, so I made sure he became part of our circle and we got him pretty...
- David Cameron in Reuters UK
Bed time, bath time, meal time - nothing will feel the same again,Cameron wrote. "We console ourselves knowing that he won't suffer anymore, that his end was quick, and that he is in a better place. But we all just miss him so...
- Gordon Brown in Mirror.co.uk
You remind me of my two young boys squabbling at bath time,Brown said.