- v use as a basis for; found on
- v situate as a center of operations
- v use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes
- s having a base
firmly based ice
- s having a base of operations (often used as a combining form)
a locally based business
an Atlanta-based company
- FRESH LOOK: Malaysia-based El Hajj markets skincare products such as moisturizer and facial cleanser to pilgrims headed to Mecca.
- Public company based in Allschwil, Switzerland CEO: Jean-Paul Clozel What it does: Develops new drugs for diseases not being treated effectively, based on research into the .
- President Barack Obama's announcement of an advisory council for faith-based initiatives is an ambitious task, but stands before a path studded with political mines.
News & Articles
- VA-Based Propane Project Expects to Hit Goal
A Virginia-based project expects to meet its goal of converting 1,200 vehicles in the Southeast to propane.
June 17, 2013 - NBC 29 Charlottesville
- Community-based programs may help prevent childhood obesity
When it comes to confronting childhood obesity, researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health conclude that community-based approaches are important. A systematic review of childhood obesity prevention programs found that community-based intervention programs that incorporate schools and focus on both diet and physical activity are more effective at preventing obesity in ...
June 17, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Houston-based startup brings exposure to Texas publishing
PubSoft, a Houston-based publishing software company, went to the BookExpo America 2013 conference from May 29 to June 1, bringing more exposure to Texas’ rapidly expanding technology and publishing industry. “(Getting to go to the BEA was) amazing! Especially for a company that is as new as PubSoft is. I think it’s a testament to how [...]
June 17, 2013 - The Daily Cougar
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
He said that it was "not based on any difference in policy" or "any sense of personal insult," but on his judgment that Gen. McChrystal had not upheld "the standard that should be set by a commanding general."
- Sonia Sotomayor in Atlantic Online
So when Sotomayor says things like this -- "I simply do not know exactly what that difference will be in my judging. But I accept there will be some based on my gender and my Latina heritage" -- it's very easy to label her an scourge of identity...