bashful : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s self-consciously timid; lowering my head, I looked at the wall"- Ezra Pound
I never laughed, being bashful
- s disposed to avoid notice; (`blate' is a Scottish term for bashful)
they considered themselves a tough outfit and weren't bashful about letting anybody know it
- Why so bashful? Science finds something complex--and cunning--behind the curtain.
- One other thing about those Clinton events yesterday: The woman is not at all bashful about stealing from her rivals.
- Naturally M'Toto was modest and bashful.
News & Articles
- Norman Rockwell Museum celebrates the art and 75th anniversary of Walt Disney's first feature-length animated film
“Snow White Dancing with Dopey and Sneezy. Doc, Happy, Bashful, Sleepy Playing Music.” Disney Studio Artist Reproduction cel setup; ink and acrylic on cellulose acetate. Courtesy Walt Disney Animation Research Library. ©Disney.
June 9, 2013 - Art Daily
- Indiana Class 4-A Baseball Semistate | Jeffersonville prepared to put Cathedral to the test
Veteran Cathedral coach Rich Andriole was not bashful when boasting about his baseball team following Monday night's Class 4-A regional championship at Avon. "This is a phenomenal team, and you can put that in caps," Andriole told the media.
June 8, 2013 - Louisville Courier-Journal
- Norfolk homeowner on the lookout for missing dwarf
NORFOLK Being Bashful is one thing, but disappearing entirely? "He was right back there," said Ron Waterman, pointing at a vacant spot in his Bayview yard. And now he isn't.
June 7, 2013 - The Virginian-Pilot
- Kobe Bryant in Press-Enterprise
I would never be bashful; you know that,Bryant said, smiling. "I get those again, I'm foaming at the mouth."
- Michael Mukasey in Charlotte Observer
I'm not a bashful person, and I'm not going to become a bashful person if I'm confirmed,Mukasey said late in the day.
- Barack Obama in Politico
He's the first one to come to me and say, 'You know what? I'm not sure that's exactly how we want to position ourselves,'Obama said. "The flip side is: if I'm off message, he's not going to be bashful about saying, 'You know, Mr....