- n a male singer
- n the second lowest adult male singing voice
- n the second lowest brass wind instrument
- s lower in range than tenor and higher than bass
a baritone voice
- Whenever there is a tough baritone part to be sung these days, the call is likely to go to a modest 42-year-old Texan named Mack Harrell.
- Gershwin: Porgy and Bess (Lawrence Winters, baritone; Camilla Williams, soprano; Inez Matthews, soprano; Warren Coleman, baritone; Avon Long, tenor; orchestra and chorus .
- With his laid-back baritone and signature hit, Tiny Bubbles, crooner Don Ho, who died of heart failure at 76, personified the breezy charm of his native Hawaii.
News & Articles
- ‘Pirate’ music in Tuesday concert
DeKALB – Baritone Bob Abel will be the featured vocalist at the second concert of the DeKalb Municipal Band’s 159th season, at 8 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, in the Hopkins Park band shell.
June 11, 2013 - The MidWeek
- Marvin Junior | Dells singer, 77
Marvin Junior, 77, who brought a baritone grit to the Dells, an R&B group he cofounded 60 years ago, died May 29 at his home in Harvey, Ill.
June 9, 2013 - Philly.com
- Joseph S. Eubanks
Bass-baritone was well known for being an inspiration for young African-American artists Joseph S. Eubanks, a noted bass-baritone and Morgan State University music professor who performed with the first American company of "Porgy and Bess," which toured the world in the 1950s, died May 16 of renal failure at Gilchrist Hospice Care in Towson.
June 5, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Placido Domingo in ABC News
I am a singer who has sung for many years, who has experience, and who represents Simon as I feel him. I don't pretend to be a baritone. I pretend to sing, and to create characters within my vocal capacity,Domingo said.
- Leonard Feather in Forbes
In 1979, critic Leonard Feather praised Lucien in the Los Angeles Times for his "resonant baritone, assured timber and phrasing, the West Indian piquancy of his announcements. Contemporary material works better for him than standards."