balky : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s stopping short and refusing to go on
a balky mule
a balky customer
- Percy's problems are largely with members of his own party, especially those in the balky conservative wing, who have loathed him for years.
- That comes in two packages: her balky 8-year-old niece (Maxime Foerste) and a lavishly charming Italian sous-chef (Sergio Castellitto).
- Like Romney and Reagan, he has had his problems with a balky legislature, but he has written a record that may be hard to match.
News & Articles
- Minnesota Twins: Josh Willingham's knee still a concern
Josh Willingham was in the Twins lineup for a second straight night Wednesday, but his balky left knee remains an issue following Sunday's cortisone injection.
June 20, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- Aramis tries to produce as he plays through pain
Ryan Braun is not the Brewers' only injured middle-of-the order hitter. Cleanup man Aramis Ramirez reluctantly has agreed that his balky left knee is contributing to his recent dip in production at the plate
June 20, 2013 - Milwaukee Brewers
- Minnesota Twins: Josh Willingham returns to lineup
Josh Willingham was back in the Twins lineup Tuesday night, batting cleanup and playing left field, two days after taking a cortisone shot in his balky left knee.
June 19, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- David Pogue in Yahoo! Tech
...& Noble touted its two screens, one for navigation and one for reading, but Pogue said the small color touchscreen feels "disconnected" from the larger black-and-white screen above, the touchscreen is "balky and non-responsive," and it...
- Larry Mize in MLive.com
I hit the ball really well and the putting was a little balky,Mize said. "But I did see a lot of positives. I'm going to build on that this week. I'm optimistic. I'm going to be working on (putting) the next two days."
- John Calvin in Acton Institute
The law is to the flesh,says Calvin, "like a whip to an idle and balky ass, to arouse it to work. Even for a spiritual man not yet free of the weight of the flesh the law remains a constant sting that will not let him stand still."